Editing video feedback and learner response

 Editing video feedback and learner response

1) Type up your feedback/comments from your teacher.

  • creative, engaging, entertaining- great reaction from the class says it all!
  • however, in terms of the editing brief I wonder if it drifted away from continuity editing a little bit too much, particularly towards the end.
  • the match on action at the start actually had too many cuts- it ended up drawing attention to the editing rather than making it seamless.
2) Type up your feedback from fellow students.

WWW:
  • the audio is very good
  • i loved the sound effects
  • entertaining and very funny
  • i loved the different camera shots at the beginning
  • nice music and sound
  • the flashback was funny
  • i loved the black and white scene
  • good editing
  • my favourite narrative
  • good use of shot/reverse shot
  • funny
  • nice 180 degree rule
  • i loved the flashback of khaterah falling- so funny
EBI:
  • khaterah used the camera stand instead of an actual crutch
  • more talking
  • khaterah didn't fall enough
  • broke the 180 degree rule
3) Now reflect on your video. Did you meet the brief and successfully include the three key editing aspects we have learned?
In my opinion, I think my video slightly met the brief. My match on action was good, except that it had many cuts which didn't look smooth and looked a bit odd. The reverse shots were pretty decent as it didn't break the 180 degree rule and it looked realistic when the two characters were having a conversation. 

4) What were the strengths and weaknesses of your final film? Write a detailed analysis picking out specific shots, edits and any other aspect of film language you think is relevant.
I think my strengths are that I used a variety of other aspects of film language including; good use of mise en scene, lighting, different camera angles- cinematography. This made the video look realistic and made it entertaining and engaging. The weaknesses were the match on action scenes. In my opinion, they were good however I made too many cuts which made it look rough and shifted the focus to editing rather than the video itself.

5) Learner response: what aspect of editing did you find most difficult? What have you learned from this process that will help you when you start the actual coursework later this year?
The most difficult aspect of editing that I found difficult was putting the clips together to create the match on the action scene. I had to put a lot of concentration to cut the clips and put it together in order for the clip to come out smoothly. I have learnt to put clips together and from feedback from my teacher and classmates, I will make sure not to add many cuts in the match on action scenes and to make them look simplistic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film regulation and the BBFC

Film Poster Analysis

Blinded By The Light case study